ESET Senior Security Researcher Lysa Myers joins our host, Robbie Ferguson, for a discussion about the current state of data breaches and what we can do to protect our company and personal data should a breach occur.
We’ll cover topics such as:
- The Common Cause – Why data breaches are so commonplace in 2019.
- The Mainstream Media Effect – How the lack of understanding by both the media and consumers leads to a fast news cycle and complacency.
- The Corollary Cost – How data breaches continue to impact the economy long after they occur.
- Growth and Evolution of Data Breaches – What we as consumers and business people can expect to occur in 2019, and what we should watch out for.
- Protection from Data Breaches – For the average person, we’ll discuss what it takes to protect yourself from the ongoing effects of a data breach.
- The Shelf Life of Compromised Data – Lysa warns that our data is never “safe,” but there are ways to minimize the impact of a data breach and detect it before it has caused irreversible damage.
- Three Key Ways to Protect Your Company – It’s important to protect your company against data breach–whether of your own company data, or by being unwittingly complicit in the breach of another company’s data. Lysa will share three key ways to protect the data you are entrusted with.
Read the companion blog: Why Data Breaches Continue to Happen
If you prefer to listen on YouTube:
Robbie Ferguson is the host of the Endpoint Security Podcast at Positive E Solutions Inc. His day-to-day includes providing security-related advice and training to companies and individuals across Canada, and offering solutions to protect against modern threats in the workplace.