The ESET Cybersecurity Barometer gives a great deal of insight into the cybersecurity threat zeitgeist in Canada. Robbie Ferguson speaks with its author, Stephen Cobb about whether Canadians are truly aware of the threats that exist in today’s connected world.
We’ll cover topics such as:
- Canadians’ attitudes toward cybercrime.
- What Canadians are doing to protect themselves against cyber attack.
- The Canadian political landscape in matters of cybersecurity.
- Securing our endpoints and understanding why it’s important to do so, even if they aren’t used for anything important.
- New malware discovered on Android that allows the malicious party to steal cryptocurrency by overwriting your clipboard.
- Recognizing phishing scams, even when they are quite convincing.
- Steps individuals and businesses can take to prepare themselves against cybersecurity threats.
This week’s Podcast is also available in video format:
Download the ESET Cybersecurity Barometer here.
Read the companion blog: Cybersecurity: Are Canadians Ready?
Robbie Ferguson is the host of the Endpoint Security Podcast at Positive E Solutions Inc. His day-to-day includes providing security-related advice and training to companies and individuals across Canada, and offering solutions to protect against modern threats in the workplace.