The Internet of Things and the Industrial Internet of Things are huge markets that are growing rapidly as the technology progresses at a rapid pace. Robbie Ferguson welcomes back cybersecurity expert Tony Anscombe to discuss IIoT’s impact on business security.
We’ll cover topics such as:
- Defining the distinctions between IoT and IIoT.
- How IoT sensors are being used to save a single hotel millions of dollars.
- How an aircraft manufacturer is using IIoT smart glasses to increase productivity and improve the quality of their work.
- Sleeper technologies in business that could be entry points for cyber attack on other devices on a company network.
- How seemingly unsuspecting IIoT technologies can be used for malicious purposes beyond the network.
- The misconception that data on our own network is safe simply because it is on our own hardware.
- Protecting your business by entirely separating your backup from your network.
- Steps that are being taken to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to track down malicious hackers.
- How traffic anomalies may help the system administrator find rogue machines and possible data breaches.
- The worries presented by IIoT, and how having a security-first mindset can protect your company in the future.
- The future of the Industrial Internet of Things.